Organizers: Municipality of Kamensk-Uralskiy, Government of Sverdlovsk region, IES-Holding and Pipe Metallurgical Company
Prime contractor: GiproKommunEnergo Project Institute Ltd.
- "Metallurgical capital" of Sverdlovsk region
- Population (as of 2009) Ц 182 K people
- Average yearly temperature: + 2,6ТC
- Average minimal temperature: - 16,2 ТC
- Average maximal temperature: +23,9 ТC
- Electrical energy consumption Ц 3 304 Mil. kWt/h
- Consumption in Kamensk-Uralskiy hub is 581 MWt. Production in the hub is 121 MWt.
- Heating season length Ц 255 days.
- Heat consumption rate - 6 165,1 K Gcal, (970 K Gcal is the share of population and budget consumers)
Basis of the cityТs production:
- Metallurgy - > 90% (UAZ, Sinara, KUMZ etc.)
Project activities have been divided into three stages:
Determining the actual level of energy intensity of the city and the share of energy in the budget. Composition of the list of primary energy saving measures. Determining the algorithm of public measures on identification and popularization of the program.
Composition of detailed list of measures. Determining the energy saving potential along all the production-transfer-consumption chain. Forming the prospective fuel and energy balance. Offering mechanisms of financing the measures of the program. Composition of long-term program of energy saving measures for the period from 2010 until 2015. Determining the list of public measures.
Creation of the electronic model of the municipal public utilities management with consideration of possible options of reconstruction of energy infrastructure.